Friday, September 19, 2008

Homeland

Lisa, mom, Lori and I at Whistling Bird...the Iron Range's ONLY Jamaican restaurant.


My visit home last month meant the world to me. I needed to connect with my family, close friends, and north country roots as a way to gain support, strength and confindence for my upcoming task of giving birth. I also wanted our loved ones to be able to see and feel our baby growing...not just through pictures. Both the new grammas got some good baby kicks, and that right there made everything worth it!

Gramma Dede and Grammy Linda

The baby shower was magnificant...and a bit overwhelming! There were so many lovely ladies there to show their love and support. I wanted to sit down and have a good chat with each and every one there, but it was not quite possible. I want to extend my deep gratitude and appreciation to all those who joined us in celebration, as well as all those who wanted to be there but couldn't. A special thanks from the bottom of our hearts to Lori, Lisa and my mom for making it all happen.

Leelee and Natasha feet in Lake Superior

I am writing down a day-by-day recount of the trip in our baby journal...I'm finally on the last full day, when Natasha and I went to the big beautiful Lake Superior. We travelled to Gooseberry Falls lakeshore site where KC and I got married 5 years before that. It was a day just like that day in fact...cloudy and misty as we approuched to rocks, then warm beams of sunlight as we took in the magik of the place. We wandered down to the shore and even took a dip! These are some of her beautiful photographs from that day.
To see more, here is a link: http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp351/breathesun/gichigami/





Here is the bench KC and I visit everytime we go to Gooseberry. We got some cute wedding pictures taken there.


1 comment:

Vanessa said...

all of your pictures are amazing!! I am so so happy for you and KC and am excited that you will eventually be close to me again. I love you so very much V