Thursday, October 16, 2008

My nesting masterpiece...

I finally finished the crib canopy! I've been working on it for some time, visualizing an enchanting, peaceful and ethereal experience for the baby every time we lay it's head down to dream. The material came mostly from thrifting, and the deep purple from Lisa when she gifted me with her old sewing machine. The center hanging rainbow is a locally made wind streamer, each string hand-dyed. This one in particular matches up with the seven chakra colors and is intended to bring healing and comfort.

View from the bed...


View from bedroom door...


Looking in....


Baby's view...

After putting it up, our bedroom seems trasnformed into a mystical and restful dream space. We both look very forward to hibernating with our new baby very soon!


These are the creatings I made with all the beads from my blessing at the baby shower! All the little charms went on a bracelet. Some of the more earthy beads I made into a necklace for me to wear. The remaining I made into a string of rainbow/chakra beads to hang over the baby's changing table. It feels good to have them all around us now, as a reminder of how much love and well-wishes were created for us during that ritual. Thanks again to all of you!!

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Beautiful!
Wish I could be there to hug you and see it in person.