Saturday, November 1, 2008

Harvest Time

We've had sucha beautiful fall here...an unusual amount of sunshine for the Willamette Valley has brought out more colors than I've seen in a long time. We've been very lucky!

Here are some pics from the Middle Eastern Dance Guide of Eugene's Fall Festival. It was quite a busy day for me! Luminessah taught a workshop in the morning, I then volunteered at the festival, performed a solo in the afternoon, and then performed with our troupe in the evening show!


We got these awsome eyelashes as a trade from a workshop we did last month. They were actually more comfortable to wear than some of the smaller ones I have.


The evening performance ended up being one of our best ever. It was a great way to end a really long day.


Here is some of the harvest abundance at Sundance.

We all made little pumpkins to display in the produce department.


Every year we get a giant pumpkin and have a 'guess my weight' contest. winner gets to take the pumpkin home if they can figure out a way top do that. This year, we're weighing in at 357!! (The pumpkin, not me!)


Randomly, this house was towed down our steet last Sunday. It was quite a sight to see...invloving many police officers on motorcycles, many worker guys, and the moving of street signs and trimming of trees.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Woah - that looks alot like the house my friend Rena used to live in! I wonder if it is...
One of the houses I live in in Eugene was transported to the lot from another area... but not by vehicle... no, no - it was FLOATED there by floodwaters! According to the owner at least...

you look beautiful, by the way!