Wednesday, December 31, 2008

what a year!


It's new year's eve...and I'm a mommy! It's hard to believe Lukah is already nearly three weeks old! I'm still trying to get into this "new normal" while struggling to catch up on sleep, or get anything else done for that matter...besides nursing!
We are all doing so great though...Lukah is growing and healthy and so full of beauty, wisdom and wonder. She reached out for her first item the other day. (her "om" bear that Ali made) She is discovering her voice and says what sounds like "hi" a lot. She follows objects with her eyes, and looks to me or papa when she hears our voices.

Papa goes back to work next week, now full-time at the pre-school! He's been wonderful to have home...cooking scrumptious meals, cleaning the house and changing Lukah at 4am when I wake him up after nursing. He's a natural papa, so gentle and patient and so in love with our daughter.

I am in awe at the transformation that just took place. What a wonder the human body is!!! I am recovering well...feel like physically recovered almost 100%. I have already performed with the troupe at my work solstice party, and will be getting more into regular dance-mode next week. My body mind and soul know now (even more) how important and necessary it is to have dance in my life. It will be a good way to get me out of the house a bit now after Lukah. I've been a hermit since she's been born, but in a good way...I still take showers and brush my hair every once in a while.
Anyways...the main point of this blog was to get more pics up!
Blessings to this year we are saying goodbye to...it has been life-changing. And many many more ahead in the new year.
Have a safe and wonderful 2009!!!

Some of our favorite pics:
Lukah's "graduation pic" ...only 2 days old here!








1 comment:

Alyce said...

What a beautiful way to end 2008!
Much love to you and your family!