Friday, June 27, 2008

Creative Bursts


A collage I did on a TV tray using old calenders from Sundance. Center art by Alex Grey.

I feel like a new person since the transition into the second trimester. More than anything I want to be at home creating art. I've been reading "Birthing from Within" which goes by the philosophy that the best way to prepare for your birth is to discover what you are holding within, whether it is fear and anxioties, your perceptions of pregnancy and labor or whatever is in there waiting to come out.
So I've been drawing and collaging, making candles and driftwood art to sell at the Saturday Market, working on dance costumes, and writing a lot. The more ways in which I can document this amazing transition in our lives the better. The only problem is not having enough time! I'm working 5 days a week at Sundance and saturdays at the market (when I get a booth space), as well as dancing full-time!! KC is working 3 different jobs at the moment, so he never has extra time!! We realize the importance of staying connected thru this time, so we need to work on making time together too.
Slowly I will have to step back here and there to make more time for reflection. Because the baby's growth sure isn't going to slow down!

All dressed up for a friend's art showing, May 30th. I was 14 1/2 weeks here...just barely showing!

1 comment:

Alyce said...

"the philosophy that the best way to prepare for your birth is to discover what you are holding within, whether it is fear and anxioties, your perceptions of pregnancy and labor or whatever is in there waiting to come out."
That's a really awesome philosophy! It's the ultimate creative experience that you're going through, it totally makes sense that your other creative endeavors are feeling heightened, too!
Much love!