Friday, November 21, 2008

The Waiting Game



I am officially on my maternity leave from work. The first day was a strange one! Maybe it's because I have more time to pay attention to my body, or that I'm not moving as much as I do at work...but it seems like overnight my body went into preparation mode for the labor. I'm much more aware of that crampy feeling that could be those pesky Braxton Hicks contractions, or a lead in to the real thing! I'm trying real hard to get tons of rest, for one because I'm trying to kick a cold that's been hanging on, and also, the obvious...very little "full-nights-sleep" ahead.

Two nights ago I had a dream that I went into labor today. My mom and sisters were in town and we all went to the birthing center together. I had one of those huge rolling suitcases overpacked with who-knows-what. We arrived and walked past the birthing group I was supposed to be attending. My favorite midwife was working! But all the bedrooms were being used so we had to go down to the basement to give birth! Not a nice cozy basement, but this musty old 'that 70's show'' style basement with ripped up furniture and a moldy smell.

Hmmm...I'm not going to read into that one too much...I'll take to good from it, like my family will be with me in spirit, and that perhaps Patricia my favorite midwife will be on call when the time comes. Luckily I don't think the birthing center has a basement.



A 'self-portrait' taken in the bedroom mirror. Note the belly, and papa in the background.

KC and I both have a strong feeling that baby is going to be an early arrival (start your bets now!) In the mean time, I am using my time wisely, multi-tasking around the house organizing and cleaning. My logical mind is trying hard to get everything checked off that preparation list, get all ready for when baby is here and logic is far away and it's just babymoon time.



Slowly I am falling into that trance that must be compared to the calm before the storm. My cozmic mind is pushing the logical one aside and allowing me to just be in the moment and space of my fullmoon body, to reach in and connect with the bright glowing light within me, growing brighter each day. I want to start a painting to go over our bed based on a sketch I did several months ago. KC and I are going to create an alter to help create an umbrella of love, abundance and good health around us as we settle in as three this winter. This will also help me to stop worrying too much about finances and the 'what-ifs'...to just melt into our positive intentions and know that we will all be taken care of by the universe. This child knew the right time to arrive and it is now and meant to be.

BLESSED BE!!!!

The official count is ten days...we all shall see very soon!
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and you shall all be hearing from us soon!

No comments: